The Lord be praised! The original works of James Relly, the preacher of universal salvation and John Murray’s minister, have been miserably hard to find. I republished his Union (PDF) a few years ago, but — apart from a few awkward moments in front of some scanned microprints, a late monograph and a collection of hymns — have never seen anything else. And I have tried.
That is, until last night, when I found high-quality scans at OpenLibrary.org, presented in a format that’s pleasant to read on a screen. A nice variety of other Universalist and Unitarian imprints, beside, but this is the lost treasure.
Bound into a single volume:
- Salvation Compleated: and Secured in Chris, as the Covenant of the People (1753)
- The Trial of Spirits (1762)
- The Salt of the Sacrifice; or, the True Christian Baptism Delineated
- The Sadducee Detected and Refuted (1764)
- The Life of Christ: The Perseverance of the Christian (sermon London, January 30, 1762)