Like Happy Cindy, I took the Geek Test, but scored a mere 23.27% Some affirmations got especially close to home.
- I own a computer currently running on Linux. (Ubuntu 5.10, but think I might get a discard and play with Debian.)
- I married someone that I met over the Internet.
- I play Devo. (I’m playing Q: Are We Not Men? A: We are Devo! right now, and it was in the CD drive before I started the test.)
- I wear glasses I have repaired myself. (Not this pair, though they should count on their own merits.)
- I know how to count in hexadecimal.
- I know my age in binary. (100100.)
- I have created a listserv.
There are a lot more, but obviously not enough to match Michelle or Cindy. Feh.
LOL. I love the glasses!!!
I wore a cheap knock off of these http://www.shuron.com/sidewinder.htm in the early 90’s.
I welcome you to the geek club.
I’m so excited that you were listening to Are We Not Men?… I’ve always loved the way the album art is labelled actual size.
I scored under under 10. I sent it to Rebecca who will record a higher number no doubt.
I thought I was doing pretty well until I reached Warhammer. I was at the mall recently and ended up talking to the guys at the Warhammer store for half and hour. I was shocked that there was a Warhammer Store. Serious flashbacks. I kept saying “I thought warhammer was dead!”
Computers, however, I find incomprehensible…
Oh yeah, I think Rebecca probably knows what Warhammer is…
28.82446%: Total Geek.
Yes, I know what Warhammer is, and I used to work with one of the designers. And I am a librarian. And I have argued Mac vs PC. And I read dictionaries for fun. And I….oh, never mind….
As I told Cindy, I’m ashamed to report that I scored only 14.2%. When I was much younger, I would have scored higher. Those were the days! In fact, when I took the test last time — in October 2003 — I did score higher: 15.7%! My geekiness is waning…